Join now or Sign in to comment
Cob Size vs. Full Size?
Last Post 26 Jul 2006 05:14 PM by WldnHrseCrzy03. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.
Author Messages

--
25 Jul 2006 07:40 PM
    What is the difference in measurement when it comes to a cob sized bridle vs. a full sized bridle? Does anyone know the measurement ranges?

I tried to search for it but couldn't find anything. I have a really nice Carlyle bridle that I used to use on my horse. It is just sitting in my basement and I am thinking about taking it to the barn to use it there but can't remember what size it is. I measured it and it goes from 35" to 42.5". What size is that?

Thanks!

--
    26 Jul 2006 09:41 AM
    Wow, good question. No idea. Seems like there is great variation anyway. Depending on brand, my TB's can wear horse, cob, pony, or yearling stuff. Yes they have little heads compared to the average TB. I'd try calling someplace that sells Carlyle (I think State Line does) and asking if they could measure a cob bridle and a horse bridle. Or maybe you could contact the manufacturer directly.

Alternatively if you're just looking to use it, not sell it, you could just see whose head it fits! Grin

--
    26 Jul 2006 10:05 AM

--
    26 Jul 2006 11:36 AM
    That sounds like a Cob size. Look on eBay. Many bridle sellers (selling new bridles) have their measurements listed. My Appy mare wears a Cob, and she's 15.2h and a TANK! My big headed TB I had in HS wore a "Horse" size.

~Barbara

--
    26 Jul 2006 05:08 PM
    Thanks for trying to help but that chart on that site really confuses me. I don't see any measurements that are similar to mine. Confused

--
    26 Jul 2006 05:14 PM
    I want to say that I remember it being "Cob Sized" when I bought it but I don't know for sure. Then I looked on Ebay like you said, and found this page that has measurements for sizes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dressage-Snaffl...dZViewItem

According to that chart, my measurements are in the "Full" range. Who knows. But like Rhythmsmom said, I am probably not going to sell it (because it has sentimental value to me now since Charlie died and he was the one I bought it for) so I will probably just take it out to the barn and see if it works on any of the horses out there. It's a super nice bridle, so I hate to just have it hanging around not getting any use. Grin

I will do some more investigating. I will try to find a website for Carlyle or something to get a definite answer. Thanks guys.

--
    27 Jul 2006 02:42 PM
    Well I did some more investigating last night. I found out that my bridle is "Cob" sized and I also found out that Collegiate bought out the Carlyle brand (I think anyway). I found a couple tack shop websites that said "Collegiate, formerly Carlyle" so I can only assume. . .

Grin
    You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • When it comes to keeping horses healthy, nothing is more important than fresh water on demand. Do so with Ritchie Waterers. www.ritchieequine.com
    • Best Selection of Horse books and DVDs online, check out what's new at www.HorseBooksEtc.com
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company