Tack Stores in Germany??
Last Post 23 Jul 2007 12:28 PM by Jumper22. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.
Author Messages

--
22 Jul 2007 07:27 AM
    Does anyone know of any tack stores in Germany that are online or does anyone have any connections to bring tack over from Germany? Has anyone ever had any tack shipped from Europe?

--
    22 Jul 2007 07:22 PM
    What do you need from Germany? I was just kidding about those barefoot German virgins....I don't think you can ship them air freight. Wink

--
    22 Jul 2007 07:43 PM
    Hi,
    I work with a friend (she rides too) in Frankfurt alot, I'll check with her and get back to you. For bringing tack back in (importing) be prepared for taxes and duties. Use a good shipping agent for residential delivery here in the states. There is also the web site by the cenuses bureau that you can check for your harmonized tariff code . After having the the HTS number you would be able to look at what the duties and taxes will be (percentage wise) for the item you are importing.
    Thanks
    Bluey

--
    23 Jul 2007 07:07 AM
    LMAO!!!! I needed that laugh this morning. Grin Grin

--
    23 Jul 2007 07:10 AM
    Thanks Bluey!

I am looking for a 17.5-18", Hopfner Dressage saddle. Medium wide to wide tree. I've searched all over Canada and the USA and a 17" is the biggest and I can find. I desperately want one of these saddles. My coach has one and I fell in love with it. They are so hard to come by. I was hoping to find a used one if the price was right. I'm considering a Passier GG or Optimum if I can't afford to import a Hopfner.

Thanks for all your help!

--
    23 Jul 2007 08:22 AM
    hi,
    my parents live in germany and they send me tack all the time. they send it as a normal parcel and it gets here within like 2 weeks. they probbaly wouldn't have a problem sending the saddle...they are sure used tp that...haha...let me know...

--
    23 Jul 2007 12:28 PM
    K Girl! Do you think they might be able to have a look around for me for the type of saddle? I'm not even sure how accessible they are there, just that they are made in Germany. I thought that there might be more used ones around. **fingers crossed**!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

--
    23 Jul 2007 12:36 PM

--
    22 Nov 2007 09:06 PM

Hi 4x4

I don't know if you received my e-mail (I just joined so I don't know if I sent correctly) but I have the exact saddle you are looking for. It is a black Hopfner dressage saddle, 17.5", medium width and it is the Ahlerich model. I rode in it for about 4 years and it is in excellent condition. I can e-mail you a picture if you are interested. Thanks!

You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • When it comes to keeping horses healthy, nothing is more important than fresh water on demand. Do so with Ritchie Waterers. www.ritchieequine.com
    Subscribe to Horse & Rider
    Subscribe to Horse & Rider
    Subscribe
    today and get a
    Free Gift!

Subscribe

First Name: Last Name:
    Address 1: Address 2:
    City: State:
    ZIP: Email:
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company