Join now or Sign in to comment
Plans for a teeter/totter
Last Post 10 Sep 2007 01:21 AM by TouchMeNot. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.
Author Messages

--
09 Sep 2007 05:17 PM
    Anyone have plans or know where I can get them or building a teeter totter for walking a horse over in training. Maybe even a bridge. I would love to have one on the farm to help with trail training!

Thanks for any help.

--
    09 Sep 2007 06:17 PM
    I found this video the other day with some good examples on it - good luck sounds like fun!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KP0Zv97OxVo

--
    10 Sep 2007 12:46 AM
    You might try asking TouchMeNot. She has a nice looking one in her pics. Usually they are just 2x planking with 2x4s for crossmembers on the underside. Usually 8-10' long and 4' wide, but I am not sure what they use for the fulcrum... A pole or round post?

--
    10 Sep 2007 01:21 AM
    The teeter/totter I use belongs to a friend; I think he built it out of oak (it doesn't flex and bend like that one in the YouTube video). My friend just created his own design; he built it wide enough that you can lead the horse over it (walking on it with him) as well as riding over it.

Maybe you can get some ideas from this. It wasn't finished in the bottom photo, but we were playing with it anyway.

You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • When it comes to keeping horses healthy, nothing is more important than fresh water on demand. Do so with Ritchie Waterers. www.ritchieequine.com
    • Best Selection of Horse books and DVDs online, check out what's new at www.HorseBooksEtc.com
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company