Join now or Sign in to comment
Horses need our help
Last Post 05 Apr 2006 11:05 AM by Andie415. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.
Author Messages

--
04 Apr 2006 11:27 PM
    <!--color--> Hello to all. I am new to posting here. Been reading posts for along time. I live in the Texas Panhandle. Some of you may have heard on national news that we have had over a million acres burned in grass fires in the last month. What they didn't tell is of how many horses and cattle and other wildlife were killed or severly injured in these fires. Many horse owners in the area lost everything, their homes, barns, livestock and means for making a living. There are many ranches in the panhandle. We were lucky, the fire was contained three miles from our place but I feel a great need to spread the word to help the others that weren't so lucky. Our local 4-H Horse club is taking donations to help here but we are a small town and have a limited supply. I am asking you to please help. You can go to habitatforhorses.org they have pictures of these poor horses and some of the injuries they are dealing with. You can also donate there. Thanks for anything you can do

--
    05 Apr 2006 10:36 AM
    Oh gosh, so sorry to hear that! Actually it's the first I've heard of it and I'm in Texas... Frown Sending thoughts and prayers to all...horrible thing to go through.....

Go to www.southeasttexas.com and place a free ad there, maybe more in this area will donate. I'll do what I can...those pictures broke my heart, I just can't imagine...

--
    05 Apr 2006 11:05 AM
    Thanks for posting that. I was trying to figure out how to post the article too, but didn't know how. (No, I don't go to the Computer Illiterates Anonymous...but I need to! Grin) Thanks for posting the information.
    You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • Best Selection of Horse books and DVDs online, check out what's new at www.HorseBooksEtc.com
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company