Western saddle help
Last Post 29 Dec 2011 02:50 PM by Tonyfair. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.
Author Messages

--
27 Dec 2011 01:37 PM

I am about to purchase my first western saddle, as I've always ridden english except for when I was 12.  (that's been quite a white).  I want to go economical for now until I learn more about western and until I know how often I'll be trail riding.  I want to take my daughter trail riding and she just got her first western saddle as well.  I found a local used one for $175 and I found one on ebay for $175 new.  So, can anyone tell me which one they would go with if you had to choose between the two??  Here is a link to one of them in my photo gallery, and the other one is right next to it.

http://forum.equisearch.com/photos/hh5131/picture357697.aspx

Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Dec 2011 01:11 PM

I don't advise buying online, I don't know, I just never liked the fact you didn't really get to see the saddle in person. If I was you, I would go with the one I actually got to see for myself, looked it over, and fitted to my horse. Maybe you can see if you can fit it to your horse before you buy it? Of the two saddles, I liked saddle number one. It wasn't glittery, and it seemed to be more fit for trail riding. Saddle number two seemed more of a show saddle to me, which is good if you plan on doing Western Pleasure or something. But for trail riding, I would definitly go with saddle number one. Do what you are comfortable with, and I hope you get a great saddle that you and your horse like!

:)

--
    29 Dec 2011 02:50 PM

I would go with #1 A new one on line for that price will be a cheap one. Don't ever buy a Royal king.

They are made in India

You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • When it comes to keeping horses healthy, nothing is more important than fresh water on demand. Do so with Ritchie Waterers. www.ritchieequine.com
    Subscribe to Spin to Win Rodeo
    Subscribe to Spin To Win Rodeo
    Get 2 Free Trial Issues + a Free Gift!   Subscribe Give a Gift
    Customer Service
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company