When is too much
Last Post 05 Apr 2006 12:04 AM by FoxRidgeRanch. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
04 Apr 2006 07:33 PM
    [color:blue] [/color] When is enough , enough. My neighbor has been on foal watch of sorts. They had a beer drinking party every night since the due date 3/23. That was the extent of the foal watching. Now that the foal was born sometime before 6 am.
    Atleast thats when they found it. They have not left that poor mare alone. Here it is more than 10 hour since the birth and they have walked away only long enough to go to the bathroom. I was always told that you do your imprinting if you choose then let the mare bond. :confused: [color:red] [/color]

--
    04 Apr 2006 07:48 PM
    Everybody deals with their horse differently. I don't see how it's any of your business what you neighbor does with their horses. They aren't harming either horse in anyway by being there. I'd suggest you keep your nose on your side of the fence.

--
    05 Apr 2006 12:04 AM
    You don't have to leave to let them bond, I never left with Zoey or Magnum and both times the mare bonded excellent and both babies were imprinted great. The beer is my only concern.

--
    05 Apr 2006 01:54 PM
    I keep a very close watch on my new foals for the first day. I like to see them up nursing, pass the first manure and dip the navel. And making sure that the mare and foal bond. I've had alot of foals and they are always cute and precious, but I don't spend every minute with them. This may be their first foal and are therefore very excited about having the new addition. I was the same way. I wouldn't worry to much. The excitement of the new baby will wear off and then momma and baby will have all the time in the world to fuss over each other.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • When it comes to keeping horses healthy, nothing is more important than fresh water on demand. Do so with Ritchie Waterers. www.ritchieequine.com
    Subscribe to Spin to Win Rodeo
    Subscribe to Spin To Win Rodeo
    Get 2 Free Trial Issues + a Free Gift!   Subscribe Give a Gift
    Customer Service
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company