Join now or Sign in to comment
Making Hot Cocoa in a Coffee Maker
Last Post 02 Sep 2006 11:33 PM by love_jack. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.
Author Messages

--
02 Sep 2006 10:48 PM
    Can you make hot chocolate in a coffee maker? I like to have my hot chocolate in the morning, but it takes to much time to make it (hey, 5 minutes is VERY valuable time when I am getting ready for school), so having the coffee maker make my hot chocolate for me Grin

I have a Mr. Coffee. I was thinking of putting the hot chocolate mix in the container and just having the water come down for the set time. Can I do that? lol

--
    02 Sep 2006 10:57 PM
    Try it! Or you can just run it through to heat up the water, and mix the powder in yourself.

--
    02 Sep 2006 11:33 PM
    HAHA! my mom and I tryed to make Cofee and hotcoco together in the coffee pot and it all formed into one big "blob" Of Coffe grounds and coco mix Stick out tounge (didnt work) but i guess if you had a really good cofee maker im sure it will be fine Grin

ETA:
    i just re-read it and ya it should be okay, Just Put in the amount of water you want to mix the coco with Grin hehe sorry Stick out tounge

--
    02 Sep 2006 11:39 PM
    We use a coffee maker to make our hot chocolate for the winter star parties.
    However, we just use the coffee maker to heat the water and keep it hot. Then when someone wants hot chocolate they can pour some water in a cup and add the mix. Works out well.

--
    03 Sep 2006 10:50 AM
    I can't see why that wouldnt work... just put the mix in the pot, fill the reservoir with water the night before and set the timer. You might want to consider putting a filter (empty of course) in the basket anyway. The filter kinda regulates the flow of the water into the pot, and Id hate for you to get to the kitchen in the morning thinking you are going to have a nice hot cup of cocoa, and instead having water all over your counter and floor. That wouldnt save you time at all!
    You are not authorized to post a reply. You must Sign In or Join Now to comment in the forum.

Featured Offers

• Never Be Stranded AGAIN. 24/7 Roadside Assistance - USRider - CLICK TO JOIN
    • When it comes to keeping horses healthy, nothing is more important than fresh water on demand. Do so with Ritchie Waterers. www.ritchieequine.com
    • Best Selection of Horse books and DVDs online, check out what's new at www.HorseBooksEtc.com
    Copyright 2014 by Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company