When EquiSearch contributor Larry Tritten discovered he didn't know the name of Rex Allen's horse, he began a search to find out -- and uncovered a lot of other horse trivia, too. Now Tritten challenges you to name these famous riders and their equally famous horses.
1. Tom Mix's horse's name was:
2. Leonard Slye was a cowboy movie star whose screen name was ________, and his horse's name was ______:
A. Roy Rogers,Trigger
B. Gene Autry, Blaze
C. Little Joe, Sport
D. Rex Rhodes, Blackie
3. Annie Oakley's horse's name was:
4. Ken Maynard's horse's name was:
C. Big Boy
5. Gene Autry's horse's name was:
6. Robert E. Lee's horse's name was:
7. Ulysses S. Grant's horse's name was:
8. The name of the winged horse of the muses was:
9. Dale Evan's horse's name was:
10. Napoleon's white horse's name was:
A. Messr. Blanc
11. The Lone Ranger's horse's name was:
12. The name of Odin's eight-legged horse was:
13. Robert "Little Beaver" Blake's horse's name was:
14. Zorro's black horse's name was:
15. Hopalong Cassiday's horse's name was:
16. Caligula's horse's name was:
17. Allan "Rocky" Lane's horse's name was:
18. Tonto's horse's name was:
19. The name of the character who rode the horse named Chubby on Bonanza was:
B. Little Joe
C. Boss Cartwright
20. Alexander the Great's horse's name was:
ANSWERS: 1-A, 2-A, 3-C, 4-B, 5-B, 6-C, 7-D, 8-A, 9-B, 10-B, 11-C, 12-B, 13-D, 14-A, 15-B, 16-B, 17-D, 18-B, 19-A, 20-C
SCORING: 19-20 correct: Approximately the equivalent of winning the Triple Crown. If you were at the track they would be approaching you right now with that huge floral wreath.
15-18 correct: You've cleared most of the hurdles and are still sitting relatively tall in the saddle. Practice, you should be reminded, makes perfect.
10-15 correct: If you were a bronc rider, you'd be skedaddling away from the horse that just threw you after a four-second ride--but you can take consolation in the fact that you tried the ride.
10 or fewer correct: It's time to start watching some old westerns.
By the way, Rex Allen's horse was Koko.