1. Introduction: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (d/b/a EquiSearch.com/EQUUS magazine) ("Sponsor") is offering the EQUUS Professional Horseman Award Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of Tuesday, December 15, 2009, and a resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, the Sponsor's parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Tuesday, December 15, 2009, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Sunday, January 31, 2010.
4. How to Enter: Visit EQUUSMagazine.com and enter the EQUUS Professional Horseman Award Contest. In the entry form, include a 200-word (no more than 1500 characters including spaces) or less essay nominating a professional horseperson (trainer, farrier, veterinarian, etc) in your life who has gone above and beyond what's expected of him/her. Contestants may enter once during the Contest period. More than one entry from any person or email address during the Contest period will void all entries from that person or email address.
5. Judging Criteria: Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. One (1) grand-prize nominator and nominee and eight (8) runners-up will be selected on the interest and uniqueness of nominator's essay, in equal measure. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsor. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be notified by email and phone seven (7) days after contest period closes. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
6. Prizes: One (1) grand-prize winner ("nominator") will receive one (1) stainless steel waterer from Nelson Manufacturing Company, includes waterer and foam waterline insulation tubes (ARV: $464) and four (4) gallons of his or her choice of maintenance or performance Greener Pasture Organics Daily 72: Liquid antioxidant for horses (ARV: $199.80). The grand-prize winner's nominee will receive one (1) embroidered jacket (ARV: $150) and one (1) engraved plaque (ARV: $50). Eight (8) runners-up will each receive one (1) gallon of his or her choice of maintenance or performance Greener Pasture Organics Daily 72: Liquid antioxidant for horses (ARV: $49.95 each).
Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $1,263.40. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: All entries must be original, may not have been won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant's consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Potential winners will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.