Fort Worth, Texas, June 1, 2012 — AmerEquine-Festival of the Horse kicks off today, June 1, in Fort Worth Texas and runs through Sunday, June 3, at the historic Will Rogers Memorial Center. This all-new multi-day, multi-discipline event is a unique blend of top bluegrass and roots music, equine education, and marketplace. Highlights of the three-day equine exposition and music festival include:
• More than 100 clinics, demonstrations, seminars, and presentations—in many disciplines—by the country's leading equine presenters such as Craig Cameron, Gina Miles, Tyler Magnus, Rick Meyer, Becky Hart, Charles Wilhelm, Tim McQuay, Sylvia Zerbini, Aaron Ralston, and many others. (Friday 9am-7pm; Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 10am-5pm)
• Five major Coliseum shows starring 12-time Grammy-winner Emmylou Harris and five-time Grammy-winner Marty Stuart, plus Jesse Winchester, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Don Edwards, Dry Branch Fire Squad, and Heidi Clare & AtaGallop together with world-class equine presenters, Sylvia Zerbini, Tim McQuay, Aaron Ralston, and Allen Pogue and roping "champeen" Doug Smith. (Friday and Saturday 1:30-3:30 pm and 7:30-10:00 pm; Sunday 6:00-8:00 pm)
• An Xtreme Marketplace in the Amon G. Carter Building jam packed with everything from apparel, accessories, art, and home furnishings to tack, animal health products, and ranch equipment. (Friday and Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 10am-6pm)
• Round Up Inn Concerts series featuring the best in bluegrass, old-time and roots music next to the Xtreme Marketplace. Tickets for the Round Up Inn are $5 per show or free with a receipt of $25 from any Xtreme Marketplace vendor. (Friday and Saturday 10:00 am-5:30 pm; Sunday 11:00am-4:30pm)
• A free Sunday Morning Gospel Show in the Round Up Room hosted by Rounder recording artists, Dry Branch Fire Squad and featuring Don Edwards and others. (Sunday 8:40-9:40am)
• Semi-finals and finals of the World's Most Beautiful Horse Contest hosted by Dennis Auslam. Cheering and crowd enthusiasm will help the judges select the winner! First prize: $1000. (Saturday 6pm; Sunday 5pm)
• Seminar by Kate Chenery Tweedy , author of the racing world's award-winning national best seller, Secretariat's Meadow: The Land, The Family, The Legend . Ms. Tweedy was twenty years old when Secretariat (owned by Tweedy's mother, Penny Chenery) won the elusive Triple Crown of Racing. (Seminar today Friday morning only at 9:30, followed by book signing.)
• Rescue activities of many kinds to help horses in desperate situations. Impressed spectators may head directly to one of the "Rescue" booths and start their own adoption processes. Activities include:
• The AmerEquine "Rescue Parade" the perfect time to meet rescued horses as well as horses up for adoption. (Saturday 6:30 pm)
• The Orthoflex Saddleworks 2012 Commemorative Saddle Silent Auction to benefit rescue organizations. The stunning one-of-a-kind saddle will have an extra bonus: Chevrons autographed by AmerEquine star musicians and presenters. 100% of the proceeds will go to five rescue organizations according to the number of votes received from attendees. So, bid on the gorgeous saddle AND vote for your favorite rescue organization. (Winner will be announced Sunday at 4:00 pm)
• "Chase the Equine Dream"® Challenge with Chase Dodd, an event designed to show what rescue horses can do in the right hands. Rescue horses who beat Chase Dodd's score on an obstacle course will each go home with $100 and a whole bunch of bragging rights. Chase will be on a horse that he has worked with for just two and a half hours. (Sunday 4:30 pm)
• The exciting Cowtown Challenge Extreme Cowboy Race National Championship hosted by Craig Cameron will be hard fought daily in the Watt Arena. The best of the best will be competing for prizes and "glory"—and Mr. Cameron will be monitoring the proceedings as well as providing informative (and entertaining) commentary. Come cheer for your favorite cowboys and horses! (Friday 11am-6pm; Saturday 11am-6pm; Sunday 11am-5pm)
• Every participant will have a chance to win a Caldwell All-Around Trail Saddle , crafted and donated by Circle Y. To register, visit Dennard's booth in the Xtreme Marketplace.
• Dover Saddlery and Smith Brothers Sweepstakes: Not one, but TWO $1000 gift certificates. Sign up at Dover Booth. (Drawing June 9, 2012)
• Clinics on roping skills at the USTRC Ropin' Pen by U. S. Team Roping Championships and Hot Heels (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during Expo hours.)
• AQHA Trail Challenge in the Watt Arena. (Friday and Saturday 9:00 am-10:30 am)
Get ready to experience the magic of horses, music and more. Doors open at 9:00 a.m. Friday; 9:00 a.m. Saturday; and 10:00 on Sunday. For complete information about AmerEquine, including the schedule and tickets , visit AmerEquine.com .
AmerEquine-Festival of the Horse is a three-day spectacular featuring clinics, seminars, and presentations by leading equine professionals; a marketplace with a wide range of high-quality products and services for all equestrian and Western lifestyles; special equine events; and a music festival featuring internationally acclaimed artists who share a deep connection to the horse and its culture. The event will take place June 1-3, 2012, at Will Rogers Memorial Center, Fort Worth, Texas.
AmerEquine is generously supported by 92.1 Hank FM, 95.9 The Ranch, Acco Feeds, American Competitive Trail Horse Association, American Quarter Horse Association, Ariat International, California Horsetrader, Candy's Cowboy Cabins, Circle Y, Devoucoux, Dover Saddlery, EponaShoe, Equine Network, eyeD, Farnam, Warren Hellman, Horse Illustrated, HorseCity.com, Horsetrader.com, NCHARadio.com, Nutrena, Ornaments Fine Jewelry, Orthoflex Saddleworks, Inc., Plasvacc USA, Platinum Performance, Saddle Up Clothing Company, Smith Brothers, Spalding Laboratories, Tony De Costa Photography, USRider, Western Horseman, and Wrangler.