June 23, 2006 -- The U.S. Equestrian Federation (USEF) has announced the short list of horse-and-rider combinations for the 2006 FEI World Equestrian Games Dressage Team.
- Steffen Peters of San Diego, Calif., riding Floriano, a 16-year-old Westphalian gelding, owned by Stephen Browning and Laurelyn Browning
- Guenter Seidel of Cardiff, Calif., riding Aragon, a 14-year-old Bavarian Warmblood gelding, owned by Richard and Jane Brown
- Debbie McDonald of Hailey, Idaho, riding Brentina, a 15-year-old Hanoverian mare, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Parry Thomas
- Leslie Morse of Beverly Hills, Calif., riding Tip Top, a 12-year-old Swedish Warmblood stallion, owned by Leslie Morse; and Kingston, a 14-year-old Dutch Warmblood stallion, owned by Leslie Morse
- Arlene "Tuny" Page of Wellington, Fla., riding Wild One, a 10-year-old Hanoverian gelding, owned by Arlene Page
- Catherine Haddad based in Vecta, Germany, riding Maximus, a 12-year-old Danish Warmblood gelding, owned by the Janet Schneider Trust
Two alternate riders were also named:
- Heather Blitz of Palm City, Fla., riding Arabella, a 10-year-old Danish Warmblood mare, owned by Denise Arroyo
- Suzanne Dansby Phelps of Atlanta, Ga., riding Cooper, a 14-year-old Holsteiner gelding, owned by Suzanne Dansby Phelps
The official U.S. Dressage Team for the 2006 FEI World Equestrian Games will be announced on August 14, the week before the competition begins in Aachen, Germany.
The Games will be held from August 20 to September 3, with the dressage competition taking place August 22-26. Visit EquiSearch.com for in-depth coverage by Nancy Jaffer.