June 23, 2016--The 2016 American Horse Publications Equine Media Awards―which celebrate excellence in equine publishing, both in print and online―were presented at its annual gala dinner on June 18 in Orlando, Florida.
“It is rewarding when our industry recognizes the world-class talent and hard work that make this success possible,” said Dave Andrick, Equine Networkgroup vice president.
This year’s awards banquet and presentation saw more than 770 total entries from 98 members across the United States. A tradition since 1974, the event focused on material that was published in and dated 2015, which was critiqued by an expert panel of judges.
The winners for 2015
Instructional single article circulation/AUV 20,000 and over
· Practical Horseman―1st place for "Pick the Perfect Pace for Your Horse," by Patrick Spanton and Kip Goldreyer
• Dressage Today―2nd place for "Position 101," by Shannon Peters with Kelly Sanchez
• Dressage Today―2nd place for "Improve Your Seat, Parts 1 and 2,"by Isabelle von Neumann-Cosel
Horse Care Single Article Circulation/AUV 20,000 and over
• Practical Horseman―1st place for "TLC for the Senior Horse: 8 Essential Steps," by Elaine Pascoe
• Horse&Rider―2nd place for "Reading Feet," by Barb Crabbe, DVM
Service to the Consumer Single Article Circulation/AUV 20,000 and over
• EQUUS―1st place for "When Horse Theft is Not a 'Crime,'" by Debi Metcalfe
Equine-related Editorial Multimedia
• Dressage Today―2nd place for 2015 World Cup Coverage, by Dressage Today staff, Nancy Jaffer and Amy Dragoo, authors
Equine-related Publishing Media Blog
• Horse&Rider―1st place for "The Thinking Rider," by Jennifer Forsberg Meyer
• EQUUS―2nd place for "The Jurga Report: Horse Health Headlines," by Fran Jurga
Equine-related Publishing Media Website
• EquiSearch.com―2nd place for EquiSearch.com, designed and managed by Lindsay Porter
• Spin To Win―1st place for "Walt," illustrated by Trish Miller
General Excellence Self-Supported Print Publication Circulation 15,000 and Over
• EQUUS―Honorable Mention with Laurie Prinz, editor; Active Interest Media, publisher; Celia Strain, art director
While EQUUS won honorable mention for General Excellence in Self-Supported Publication/Circulation 15,000 and Over, it has swept this category more than any other equine publication, on a record-setting 21 previous occasions.
In addition, our friends at Manna Pro took home a 3rd place award for Equine-Related Brand Marketing for "Stretching for Exercised for Better Performance (Train with Trust)," produced by AIM Film Studio.
The following is a link to the full 2016 AHP Award Prize List, including judges' comments: http://www.americanhorsepubs.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Awards-Program-2016.pdf
About American Horse Publications
American Horse Publications is a non-profit professional association dedicated to promoting excellence in equine media and better understanding and communication within the equine publishing industry. For more information, please contact: Christine Brune, American Horse Publications at firstname.lastname@example.org 386-760-7743 or visit the AHP Web site at www.americanhorsepubs.org.
About Active Interest Media
One of the world’s largest enthusiast media companies, Active Interest Media publishes leading consumer magazines such as Yoga Journal, Backpacker, SKI, Skiing, Vegetarian Times, Yachts International, Sail, Power & Motoryacht, Black Belt, American Cowboy, Spin to Win Rodeo, Practical Horseman, Dressage Today, EQUUS, Horse&Rider, Log Home Living, Old House Journal, Country’s Best Cabins and more. The company’s five divisions—the Equine Network, Home Group, Healthy Living Group, Marine Group and Outdoor Group—reach more than 40 million people in 85 countries. We also operate websites, B2B businesses, a state-of-the-art video unit, and Warren Miller Entertainment, the most successful outdoor film production company in history. Each of our divisions also runs consumer and trade events, including the world’s largest boat shows and yoga conferences. Active Interest Media’s customers are smart, engaged and loyal, and they look to our brands for trustworthy information and services that will inspire and enable them to enjoy their passions.