October 7, 2013--Mark your calendars and plan to attend the 2014 George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session. In its eighth year, this prestigious clinic will again be held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center in Wellington, Fla., December 31-January 4.
The following 12 riders will be invited to participate:
- The USHJA North American? Junior and Young Rider Individual Show Jumping Champions at the 2013 Adequan/FEI North American Junior & Young Rider Championships presented by Gotham North
- Individual Champion at the 2013 Randolph College/USEF National Junior Jumper Championship
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2013 USEF/Platinum Performance Talent Search Finals-East
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2013 USEF/Platinum Performance Talent Search Finals-West
- Two riders from the USHJA Emerging Athlete Program presented by Dover Saddlery
- Three Wild Cards chosen by George Morris*
*New for 2014, there will be an application process for a rider to be considered for a GHM Wild Card. The application will include a recommendation from a trainer. For more information about the GHM Wild Card contact Lizzy Chesson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
George Morris, the legendary horseman and former U.S. Jumping Chef d'Equipe, will lead top young riders through a comprehensive program in horsemastership throughout the week. 'Horsemastership' encompasses mounted sessions as well as stable management, veterinary care and nutrition. Experts from throughout the equestrian world will lend their expertise in both mounted and educational sessions. The aim of the Training Session is to develop a pipeline of young "horsemasters" for future U.S. Equestrian Teams.
The USEFNetwork.com presented by Smartpak will host wall-to-wall coverage from the George Morris Horsemastership Training Session. The public is also welcome to audit all mounted sessions at no charge.
The final schedule will be available in December on www.usef.org.
For additional information about the 2014 George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session, contact Lizzy Chesson at email@example.com.