November 27, 2006 -- Alexandra Flynn, age 17, of Tampa, Fla., riding Kalu's Can't Stop the Magic, was crowned champion of the 2006 U.S. Equestrian Federation (USEF) Saddle Seat Medal Final, held November 18, as part of the UPHA/American Royal National Championship Horse Show in Kansas City, Mo.
The USEF Saddle Seat Medal Final was determined through a two-phase competition that required both rail work and patterns. Twenty-eight riders competed in the morning round, and 12 of them were invited back to compete for the title.
As champion, Flynn will have her name engraved on the Adrian Van Sinderen Trophy and Helen K. Crabtree Perpetual Bronze.
The reserve championship was awarded to Kyle Gagnon, age 17, of Livermore Falls, Maine, riding Duplicate Copy. Both the champion and reserve champion received Blue Ribbon Custom Coolers by Royal Riders, as well as leather halters and rose bundles. All exhibitors were honored at the annual USEF brunch held immediately following the preliminary round and received commemorative gift bags.
2006 USEF Saddle Seat Medal Final Results:
1. Alexandra Flynn of Tampa, Fla., on Kalu's Can't Stop the Magic
2. Kyle Gagnon of Livermore Falls, Maine, on Duplicate Copy
3. Brittany McGinnis of Fishers, Ind., on Amandari
4. Michelle Krentz of Hartford, Wisc., on CH Louisville Lass
5. Ali Judah of Louisville, Ky., on Fung Shui
6. Shana Jo Brown of Holly, Mich., on Hatcher's Pride
7. Mary Catherine Swinson of Jenks, Okla., on L.A. Blues
8. Casey Morgan Tibolet of Chesapeake, Ohio, on Undulata's Time to Shine
9. Jacqueline Beck of Aliso Viejo, Calif., on Pinstripe Dancer
10. Ellen Medley Wright of Owensboro, Ky., on CH Timeless Drifter