April 25,? 2011 -- To provide flexibility and convenience to horse owners, the University of California at Davis's Large Animal Clinic offers a discounted package of preventive care services. For $215 per year, clients of the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital will receive a 15% discount off the regular fee for the following services:
- Annual physical examination with assessment of all body systems and body condition score
- Vaccines: Tetanus, sleeping sickness (WEE/EEE), West Nile Virus and rabies
- Semi-annual fecal egg counts and deworming plan
- Evaluation of diet and nutrition
- Annual dental examination and routine float
This package is available to clients of the Field Service and horse owners who bring their animals to the teaching hospital.
Members of the Equine Preventive Care Program may opt for other services for additional fees. Enrolled clients receive a credit of $3,000 toward the cost of colic surgery at the teaching hospital if one of a horse requires surgical treatment.
For more information on the Equine Preventive Care Program, or to make an appointment for your horse, please call (530) 752-0292, or click here.